top of page
  • Anastasia D. Moon LPC

Mind Body Connection

You are probably reading this today because you have tried everything else to "cure" your pain. It is normal to expect to be cured. When we are sick or hurt, we go to the doctor and get "fixed." For 90% of patients, this is a fact. The other 10% is "finally" diagnosed with Chronic Pain Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Intractable Pain Syndrome, Failed Back Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and several other unhelpful diagnoses. Our culture teaches us that we can control everything. "What if" you were to let go of "controlling" your pain? Instead, adjust your mindset to a recovery mindset. What do you have to lose by trying a new way of thinking?


Creating a new perspective to shift the focus and change your experience of the pain. This approach addresses the pain in healthier ways to gain freedom from being held captive by your pain or thinking, feeling, and existing as a victim. Exploring the complexity of physical, psychological, and biological factors obstructing your potential for healing and overall well-being begins to help you distinguish between the actual pain and the suffering that pain creates.


There is a lot of research about how the brain, body, emotions, and pain are intertwined. I challenge you to consider how much your emotional experience contributes to your pain experience. I challenge you to become more aware of your thoughts and feelings. Once we understand how our mind works, we can accept our new normal and have a new perspective on what we can and cannot control.


It will be different for each person. I ask that you be willing and teachable and keep an open mind. It is essential to become aware of what is underneath our thoughts and what we are feeling. Increased awareness clarifies what is beneficial to accept to move forward. There is a path in and out of pain. The result is the ability to put pain on the back burner, stop obsessing, and live the life you want to live.


"Pain is unavoidable. Suffering is not. Suffering is triggered by a spectrum of distressing emotions associated with pain." – Dr. Mel Pohl, MD, FASAM



This insightful infographic ( QR code attached for a free 6 week subscription) is provided by Curable. I recommend this app to assist you with the exploration of how you can create a new perspective and begin a recovery process that will lead to living the life to the fullest.


























Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page